In this tutorial we will learn how to create Bump chart in Tableau.Using Bump Chart, we can compare one dimension against another dimension using one measure value.
For Example: In the below visual you can compare Product Sub Categories against Segments basis of sum of sales.
Steps to Create Bump Chart in Tableau :
We are using in this example, sample superstore data set provided by tableau.
- Drag Sub-Category in columns
- Sales in Rows
- Apply Rank formula in Rows, RANK(SUM(SALES))
- Create Line Chart
- Drag Segment over Color shelf
- Compute RANK(SUM(SALES)) by segment
- Create secondary field using RANK(SUM(SALES))
- Sort Axis by smallest to largest
- Synchronize Axis
- Change second RANK(SUM(SALES)) axis as Circle Shape
- Drag RANK(SUM(SALES)) over labels